1. WHAT ARE THE LOT SIZES AND CONFIGURATIONS?
Hazelwood Village offers both traditional lots and alley loaded lots, each with a variety of lot sizes and configurations.
- Traditional lots- 50', 64' and 70' wide lots which are generally 110' deep. The garage is in the front of the home allowing a sizeable backyard.
- Alley loaded lots- Access to the garage is via private alley located behind the home. Alley loaded lots include an outdoor living area on one side of the home incorporating a "cross access easement". A cross access easement allows the homeowner to use all of the outdoor space between their patio and the neighbors home directly across the property line. Concurrently, the easement will be granted to their neighbor on the non-patio side of the home so that each neighbor can enjoy their privacy.
2. ARE THESE PATIO HOMES/LOTS?
If you mean requiring less maintenance, YES! Traditionally, the term tends to imply a suburban setting in a unit of several houses attached to each other. The walls are shared between units, there's exterior maintenance and landscaping is provided through an association fee. In Hazelwood Village, maintenance of exterior landscaping is the responsibility of the homeowner. (see #3)
The price of the home is dependant upon a number of variables including lot specs. The affordability of the lot is typically determined by size. In Hazelwood Village, we are committed to providing high quality homes at an affordable price point. The key to achieving that is moderating the size of the home site.
3. IS EXTERIOR LANDSCAPING AND MAINTENANCE INCLUDED IN HOA FEES?
Traditional lots - The homeowner is responsible for maintaining all landscaping (grass, plants and trees) within the park strip located between the sidewalk and the street, as well as the front and backyard. The side yard is usually gravel to mitigate the possibility of water intruding into the crawl space.
Alley lots - The homeowner is responsible for maintaining all landscaping (grass, plants and trees) with the park strip located between the sidewalk & street, front and side yard (including that portion of the neighbors property defined within the cross access easement).
*All landscaping is included in the price of the home and provided by the builder. Homeowners may contract with the Hazelwood Village Lawn Care service (Dick Corn - 208-941-1253) or any other lawn care provider.
4. WHAT TYPE OF FENCING IS PERMITTED IN HAZELWOOD VILLAGE?
All fencing that is not adjacent to common area is required to have 6 foot "good neighbor" cedar (looks good on both sides). All fencing is included in the price of the home and provided by the builder.
5. WHO ARE THE HAZELWOOD VILLAGE BUILDERS? CAN I CHOOSE FROM ONE OF THE BUILDER TEAMS IF I AM INTERESTED IN A SPECIFIC HOMESITE?
The Hazelwood Village builder team includes:
- Asbury Construction
- Belveal Construction
- Ted Mason Signature Homes
- Tresidio Homes
- Solitude Homes
Each of the builders in Hazelwood Village has purchased specific lots for the purpose of model homes. If a buyer is interested in a particular lot already owned by a member of the builder team, then the buyer would work with that specific builder.
6. WHAT CONVENIENCES ARE NEARBY?
Hazelwood Village is conveniently located 3 miles South of Overland Rd. off of Lake Hazel. The community site is approximately 5 miles from two exits on I-84.
1. The Overland/I-84 exit- From Hazelwood Village, East on Lake Hazel, North on 5 mile, East on Overland. 5 miles total.
2. The Eagle/I-84 exit- From Hazelwood Village, West on Lake Hazel, North on Eagle rd. 5 miles total.
- Pauls - .8 miles
- Fred Meyers - 3.8 miles
- Albertsons - 3.8 miles
- Costco - 5.3 miles
- Lowes - 5.4 miles
Shopping and Entertainment
- Boise Spectrum - 5.6 miles
- Boise Towne Square - 6.5 miles
- Village at Meridian - 7.1 miles
- St. Lukes Meridian - 5.6 miles
- St. Alphonsus - 8.5 miles
- Urgent Care Medical Group - 4.7 miles
- Lake Hazel Elementary - .5 miles
- Christine Donnell School of the Arts - 1.4 miles
- Lake Hazel Middle - 1.3 miles
- Mountain View High - 6 miles
Hazelwood Village to desired locations in the Valley
- Downtown Boise - 11 miles
- Micron Technology - 12.5 miles
- Boise Airport - 8 miles
7. HOW MUCH ARE PROPERTY TAXES?
Because Hazelwood Village has not yet been annexed into the city of Boise, the property taxes are the lowest in the valley at 1.26% of the total tax assessed value.
NOTE: Ada County Homeowner's Exemption is $83,000. If your home is assessed at $300,000 the equation is demonstrated by: $300,000 - $83,920 = $216,080 x .0126% = $2,722.61
8. HOW MUCH ARE HOA DUES AND WHAT DO THEY PAY FOR?
The Hazelwood Village Homeowners Association (HOA) dues are $470 annually. The HOA dues pay for:
- Common area landscape maintenance.
- Maintenance and operation of the community pool and clubhouse
- Maintenance and operation of community pressurized irrigation equipment / delivery of irrigation water to each of the lots.
Upon the closing of a home, the homeowner is also responsible to pay a $250.00 "TRANSFER FEE" which transfers the HOA fee responsibility from the Builder to the Buyer. Upon closing the Property Management Company will issue mailbox and clubhouse / pool access keys.
NOT INCLUDED in the HOA fee is the maintenance of the homeowner's yard, including grass strip between sidewalk and street.
9. CAN I RENT OUT THE CLUBHOUSE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS?
YES!!! As a resident of Hazelwood Village, you may rent out the Clubhouse for a low fee of $25 with a $75 deposit. The renting of the Clubhouse does not include usage of the pool. For more questions, please call Robert 208-695-7450.
10. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Click the "Start The Process" button below to get connected with our on-site professionals that will guide you through the easy steps of becoming a Hazelwood Village resident!
The Hazelwood Village sales office is located inside the Clubhouse, poolside (11127 W. Morela). The Community Marketing managers are Daniel Doherty (208.283.9634) and Mike Germain (208.830.6807). Daniel and Mike are licensed realtors responsible for the sale of ALL of the homes constructed by each of the Hazelwood Village builders.
The Hazelwood Village marketing team welcomes the opportunity to work with every Buyer's Real Estate Agent. Buyer's and their Agent should expect professional courtesy as it relates to their "Agency Relationship" and "Transaction Management".
The sales office is open Friday - Tuesday from 12:00 to 5:00 or by appointment. Please call Daniel or Mike for a personal tour!